Friday, August 10, 2007

a mother's autumn prayer

I am sorry….I have been really lonely lately. There is a lot going on that I really can’t get into, and unfortunately I can’t talk to my husband about it either. It just leaves me in a lonely, scary place. Fall is always a rough time for me. Ironically it’s my favorite time of year…..but financially it’s difficult, with football season it’s difficult, everyone starting school, never seeing my husband, keeping up on housework, work picks up. It just becomes an impossible juggling act that physically and emotionally drains me. I usually don’t get to leave to house much of my own free will from August thru December. If you see me in the next few months at Wal-Mart, or on the way to or from a football game or cheerleading practice, and I have on worn out sweatpants, a stained t-shirt, crazy hair, and a blank stare on my face….don’t take in personally. My spirit will be back in January. Sometimes I think my soul kind of leaves my body and takes a vacation until everything calms down and the holidays are over, just to keep my sanity from going over the edge, you know?

I know I have a lot to be thankful for, so don’t waste a lot of time……but if you have a few extra seconds say a prayer for me. I just need a little more patience and strength; I have a lot on my plate.

prayer

No comments: