Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fruit cremes

Copy of:

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://elmerchocolate.com/ from:
Cindy Kilmark (99.163.255.82 - 99-163-255-82.lightspeed.iplsin.sbcglobal.net)

Dear Elmers chocolates,

I am a hormonal mother of four and I a being completely honest when I say that chocolate, aside from my anxiety medication, is the single most important investment I make in myself each month.  Today, at CVS, when I was looking to purchase chocolate you can imagine, this time of year, how inundated I was with options!  First off, kudos to your marketing team, because had I known that 50% of the six chocolates in the box I purchased were fruit cremes I most definitely would have gone a different direction, YUCK!  And then comes my next dilemma, I planned on spending a large portion of my valentine's day budget on chocolate for my kids, and the thought of countless half eaten fruit cremes hardening under my couch makes me shudder!  Has there been any marketing research?  Does half the population really enjoy fruit cremes?  Are they SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper to make than truffles and other flavors?  Just curious.  So needless to say, although I enjoyed half of your product, I am sorry to say that I probably won't be soliciting your company for the above mentioned reasons this Valentine's day

No comments: