Monday, June 22, 2009

because I said so....



Sometimes I don’t know who is more rotten or difficult….Erik or Chelsea! I am sure he would kill me for saying that (but just between you and I) it’s right as rain. They are never just “happy,” there has to be something to bitch about. Yesterday, I made Erik breakfast in bed (which in my house meant going to the grocery, chopping & measuring ingredients, cleaning the dishes, beating the kids back from the stove)…..He responded unenthusiastically with ”this bacon is a little too crispy” And you know what, it was…..BUT, had the situation been reversed, I would NEVER have said that out loud. I would have eaten it anyway, or said I was stuffed…but criticism, that wouldn’t have happened. I wouldn’t have the nerve, after someone went out of their way, to brush it off like it was no big deal and critique their efforts. And Chelsea has made it her mission to fight with me three times a day about every single meal. I could tell her that for dinner we are having Taco Bell Cheese Quesadillas and Cheesecake for dessert…..and she would complain…..”You know I don’t like to eat Taco Bell on MONDAYS! UMPH! *stomp off into her room and slam shut her door* It is ridiculous. And, the worst part about it, is that the others are starting to follow suit as well.

The horrible thing about all the negativity is that it’s starting to ruin my mood…..and my outlook. This morning I woke up and just didn’t even want to bother getting dressed. I don’t even want to be a part of it. I’ve just had all the wind sucked out of me, you know? I don’t have the energy or the patience to cater to everyone, and I am tired of being optimistic and expecting anything to change, you know?

erik, chelsea, happy

No comments: