Wednesday, July 9, 2008

dinosaurs

Last night, after we put the kids to bed, Erik told me the funniest story!

We had stopped at Methodist hospital yesterday morning to pick up some x-rays before an appointment with Erik’s back surgeon. I ran in to get the c.d. of M.R.I.s while Erik stayed outside with the kids in the van.
I guess that Olivia was drawing in a notebook. Waiting impatiently Erik hears behind his seat, “Daddy, do dinosaurs have wee-wee’s?” And Erik, without much thought said, “Yeah, Livy….I guess some of them probably did.” And she took that information and said, “O.K., I’m going to draw one on mine then!” Then, the reality of her question hit him and Erik quickly responded with, “NO, Don’t draw a wee-wee on your dinosaur!” The next question was, of course, “O.K. Dad, did dinosaurs wear underwears?” Now, out of concern for the integrity of Olivia’s drawing he confidently said, “Yes, Olivia, they all wore underwear.”

No comments: