Wednesday, April 12, 2006

ryan

Today is a fun day so far. Lots of dancing, laughing, and Wiggles. This morning I had to make a dinner for a woman in my M.O.M.S. group that recently had a baby, and the twins had to help of course. They sprinkled on the cheese, and ate most of it, and sprinkled on a little more. I took pictures of them and printed out the recipe to give to the mom. It’s a dinner that we have, and enjoy, a lot.

Yesterday Ryan said I few things that cracked me up so I jotted them down.

First we were on the way to Nana and Papa’s house and I said, “Ryan, aren’t you excited to play with your friend Ben Ben and Carter?” And Ryan replied, “I don’t play with Carter. He doesn’t talk like us. He doesn’t have a good brain. He only says ‘Ka’.” Of course this could be interpreted badly, I don’t want him to discriminate and not play with the not-so-bright kids (and in Carter’s defense, he’s not stupid, just not real talkative yet). But Nana said that’s not the case, Ryan played with him well all day. I just thought that it was interesting that Ryan not only noticed a difference but knew how to articulate it.

Then, on the way home from Nana’s, I was talking to Ryan about how we were going to Illinois for Easter. To the Scovill Zoo and the park. All the places that I used to play at when I was little. And I said, “We are going to where I lived when I was a little girl, like you” With which he responded quickly and appalled with “I was a GIRL!” Of course that was funny. After everything I had just spent 20 minutes talking about, the only thing he remembered was the last phrase.

The girls are napping and Ryan is watching The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl so I need to rest for a bit. There is a lot still to do this week before our trip to Illinois. I have to clean out the van and work on more laundry—in addition to all of the other chores.

No comments: